The Key West MystiqueKey West Island News
Key West Island News connects Key West residents and friends of the island, fosters our One Human Family culture and advances understanding of shared goals for our island community
News from around Florida: Key West Island News integrates RRS and live Facebook feeds from our trusted sources. This means you get the latest posts from the professional journalists and organizations that provide daily Florida news. All in one place. No spending time searching. We do it for you.
- Florida gas prices climb 3 cents as summer blend enters marketby Jesse Scheckner on 03/04/2024 at 4:05 pm
‘Drivers should expect a jump at the pump, but how much remains to be seen.’ The post Florida gas prices climb 3 cents as summer blend enters market appeared first on Florida Politics - Campaigns & Elections. Lobbying & Government..
- Personnel note: Heather Barker joins Capital City Consultingby Drew Wilson on 03/04/2024 at 3:55 pm
'Her unique insight and skillset will help us reach and exceed our business development and strategic partnership goals.' The post Personnel note: Heather Barker joins Capital City Consulting appeared first on Florida Politics - Campaigns & Elections. Lobbying & Government..
- Meat Institute argues cellular agriculture ban will hurt Florida’s food economyby Jacob Ogles on 03/04/2024 at 3:45 pm
The nation's top meat packing association said a ban will hurt, not protect, Florida's meat market. The post Meat Institute argues cellular agriculture ban will hurt Florida’s food economy appeared first on Florida Politics - Campaigns & Elections. Lobbying & Government..
- Senate passes replacement for vetoed social media billby Jacob Ogles on 03/04/2024 at 3:41 pm
The new legislation gives parents of 14- and 15-year-olds the call on whether kids can log in online. The post Senate passes replacement for vetoed social media bill appeared first on Florida Politics - Campaigns & Elections. Lobbying & Government..
- Supreme Court restores Donald Trump to ballot, rejecting state attempts to ban him over Capitol attackby Associated Press on 03/04/2024 at 3:33 pm
Trump had been kicked off the ballots in Colorado, Maine and Illinois, but all three rulings were on hold awaiting the Supreme Court’s decision. The post Supreme Court restores Donald Trump to ballot, rejecting state attempts to ban him over Capitol attack appeared first on Florida Politics - […]
- U.S. Supreme Court strikes down Colorado 14th Amendment ruling, clearing Trump for ballotby Chase Woodruff on 03/04/2024 at 3:57 pm
Quality Journalism for Critical Times Former President Donald Trump must be placed on Colorado’s 2024 ballot, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled unanimously on Monday, striking down a first-of-its-kind holding by the Colorado Supreme Court that the Republican front-runner is disqualified from […]
- In Selma, Kamala Harris says personal freedoms are under attackby Alander Rocha on 03/04/2024 at 3:41 pm
Quality Journalism for Critical Times Vice President Kamala Harris called for new efforts to protect voting and reproductive rights and drew parallels between the Civil Rights Movement of 60 years ago and the current political climate in a speech in Selma on Sunday. Harris invoked, speaking during […]
- We all thought women’s rights were a done deal. We thought wrong.by Diane Roberts on 03/04/2024 at 12:00 pm
Quality Journalism for Critical Times What’s America’s biggest problem? Not catastrophic climate change; not income inequality; not systemic racism. It’s women. OK, also communists. They’re everywhere, but the Florida Legislature means to nip that in the bud. Schools will be forced to teach […]
- GOP chairwoman announces Trump wins Idaho’s 2024 Republican presidential caucusby Clark Corbin on 03/03/2024 at 10:53 pm
Quality Journalism for Critical Times Para leer esta historia en español, haga clic aquí. Former President Donald J. Trump overwhelmingly won the Idaho Republican Presidential Caucus on Saturday, burying his closest rival Nikki Haley and claiming all 32 Idaho delegates, Idaho GOP Chairwoman […]
- Florida’s latest homelessness scheme fails the people it purports to helpby Barrington Salmon on 03/03/2024 at 12:00 pm
Quality Journalism for Critical Times During the current legislative session, Gov. Ron DeSantis and some members of the Florida Legislature have put forward bills and proposals or expressed support for approaches they assert will strike a blow against homelessness. Homelessness is not new or […]